Wine license change

Steve Langasek vorlon at dodds.net
Thu Feb 7 11:21:47 CST 2002

On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 11:36:14AM -0500, Robert Boucher wrote:
> Just a quick question that I haven't seen addressed:

> If the license is changed to LGPL, who will own the copywrite?  The
> contributors, or the Wine Project?

No one is transferring any copyrights here; the copyrights will still be
held by those who currently hold them.  Only the license is changing, and
the current copyright holders have all already signed off on a
distribution license that /permits/ re-licensing under the LGPL.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer