DTR Flow Control

Michael Cardenas michaelc at lindows.com
Fri Feb 22 19:36:53 CST 2002

Is DTR flow control supported?

There's a comment in comm.c in SetCommState that says it's not, but
EscapeCommFunction has a SETDTR case and a CLRDTR case.

Below are the lines I'm talking about.

I'm working on an app that asks for DTR flow control and uses overlapped
IO when using a modem. It establishes a modem connection, but then it
can't send any data over the connection. I'm using an external modem on
a serial port.

	if (lpdcb->fDtrControl == DTR_CONTROL_HANDSHAKE)
	  {
             WARN("DSR/DTR flow control not supported\n");
	  }

comm.c line 1069

		case SETDTR:
		        TRACE("SETDTR\n");
#ifdef TIOCM_DTR
			direct=TRUE;
			result= COMM_WhackModem(fd, 0, TIOCM_DTR);
			break;
#endif

comm.c line 548