VMWare Licenses

Brian Vincent brian.vincent at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 17:44:10 CDT 2005

A few weeks ago Ivan asked me about getting him a VMWare Workstation
license. I contacted VMWare and they graciously donated 5 licenses to Wine.
I thought that was pretty generous of them.

I contacted some people off-list about it, so now Ivan, Jacek, Hannu, and
James all have a copy of VMWare. That means we have 1 more license up for
grabs. It's open to anyone. However, I'd like to make sure you'll use it. If
you don't have a track record of contributing patches to Wine you're not
likely to get it. Likewise, if you don't think you'd use it then please
don't ask for it just to have it. Having said that, by all means contact me
if you think it would help you out. A lot of Wine developers have been using
it for a while and it's a useful tool.

Thanks again to VMWare for supporting a free software project!

-Brian