WinelibVersion() [was: bit-blit ops]

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Fri Jun 17 15:01:11 CDT 2005

Mike Hearn <mh at codeweavers.com> writes:

> That's one side of the coin, the other is that perfect is the enemy of the
> good. We already lost/pissed off one project, the VST Wine plugin stuff,
> because we released new versions that broke their software and they
> couldn't even programmatically check to give nicer warnings.

Come on, please let's not bring this up again. The bug got fixed as
soon as they reported it, and it was *never* part of a released
version, so no amount of version checking could have made any
difference. Of course checking for the actual bug would have worked,
and would have continued working once the bug was fixed. That's the
right way to handle that sort of problem, and it doesn't require any
version info at all.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org