Question about copyright lines

Aric Cyr Aric.Cyr at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 10:49:15 CST 2006

Marcus Meissner <meissner <at> suse.de> writes:

> On Fri, Mar 03, 2006 at 03:20:48PM +0100, Stefan Dösinger wrote:
> > Hello,
> > At the top of every fine there's are some "Copyright <year> <name>" lines,
> > listing the persons who have contributed to a file, and when. Are there any
> > specifc rules about that?
>
> If you make a significant contribution, just add yourself there.
>
> (significant in my eyes -> new feature, code rewrite or similar)

Just to add to that, you should never delete existing copyright lines, unless
you rewrite the entire file from scratch.

Stefan, you might want to review (if you haven't already)
http://winehq.com/site/sending_patches before submitting many more patches.  It
might save you (and AJ) a lot of wasted time and rejections.

Regards,
  Aric