winedbg: resend - add display for floating point status

Jeff Latimer jeffl at yless4u.com.au
Tue Mar 21 05:19:45 CST 2006

Eric Pouech wrote:

> - first, I don't think it's worthwhile to add another method to the
> CPU backend. Adding a boolean (as parameter) to print_context should do.

I thought you meant that I needed a new method, might have come at it
differently I if I had understood the parser at the beginning rather
than tackle it at the end.  I am not sure why the extra method is not a
good thing.  Is it a maintenance issue?

> - you also need to fix all the be_*.c files (for amd, ppc...) as well.
> Otherwise, they won't compile. The rule of thumb is never commit a
> patch that breaks compilation on some platforms.

I think I see what you mean about needing to fix all the be_*.c files.
My patch would cause a problem in that the method was not present for
the other OS's, hence the INFO command would fail.    In anycase I can
see the work to be done.  Will take a day or two.

> - one of the test looks suspicious (shouldn't it be if
> (!(ctx->loatSave.StatusWord & 0x00000001)) instead ?)
>
>> +       if (!ctx->FloatSave.StatusWord & 0x00000001)

Point taken about the test and will fix though it did not seem to cause
a problem.

> A+

Jeff