Spore patch to fix UI and Part descriptions

Rico Schüller kgbricola at web.de
Sat Aug 23 09:18:54 CDT 2008

Andrew Fenn schrieb:
> I'm alittle confused, are you suggesting that if SetScissorRect
> receives a null value that if should default to the window size? or do
> you mean that perhaps GetScissorRect should call SetScissorRect and
> return a correct value instead of null?

No. {0,0,0,0} is a valid scissorrect. You could set it and get it. It is
valid. Wines default scissorect is wrong, it has to be the size of the
first swapchains backbuffer. I have a patch for this one. I'll send it
later today.
> If I understand you correctly it sounds like another problem and I
> think that checking should still be done on SetScissorRect as
> currently there is no checking being done where as the documentation
> states that D3DERR_INVALIDCALL is returned if SetScissorRect gets an
> invalid or null rectangle.

Probably, checking should be done for invalid scissorrect values.
> I'm currently rewriting the tests and patch so I'll let you know when I am done.
>
> PS: I just looked at wine's implementation of GetScissorRect and it
> looks wrong as well. It should be returning D3DERR_INVALIDCALL if
> there is no value and perhaps maybe if scissor test hasn't been
> enabled.
There is always a scissorrect value! I don't know if there is a chance
to get a D3DERR_INVALIDCALL from the GetScissorRect-function.

Cheers
Rico