[4/22] WineD3D: A shader backend descriptor for the ati fragment shader backend

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Wed Mar 19 06:11:19 CDT 2008

Am Mittwoch, 19. März 2008 07:46:07 schrieb Ivan Gyurdiev:
> Why do you need to reroute the shader path through atifs to support an
> unrelated set of functionality (ffp replacement)? Isn't it possible to
> have an ffp_backend, and a shader_backend (shader being the d3d shader),
> and you can implement both differently, with different APIs?
Sounds all great and cool, but: How do you handle a case of a d3d vertex
shader + fixed function fragment processing using a GLSL shader replacement?
An Uber-Shader-Backend that links the shaders together?

I can happily drop the strange routing through GLSL and the none shader
backend for ATIFS, or with ARB pixel shaders enabled. In that case we'll just
don't make use of it on ATI 9500+ cards until we have an ARB or GLSL
replacement.