winetest failure summary for 1.0rc2

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Sat May 24 21:53:49 CDT 2008

On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 9:41 PM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> Wow, lots of people submitted test results for 1.0rc2 already!
> I ran my skipgood filter on it, put the digested data up at
> http://kegel.com/wine/failing-1.0-rc2.html
> and added a little analysis to
> http://wiki.winehq.org/MakeTestFailures
> To wit:
>
> -- snip ---
>
> Tests that fail on most versions of Windows
>
> As of 1.0-rc2, the following tests all fail on 2000, XP, 2003, and Vista:
>
> comctl32:listview ddraw:d3d gdi32:metafile kernel32:toolhelp
> mshtml:htmldoc oleaut32:olefont

I'm gonna break this list up to make it easier to read:

comctl32:listview
* fixed by this patch,
http://winehq.org/pipermail/wine-patches/2008-May/055110.html

ddraw:d3d
* result of vmware driver bugs, most of which have been ferreted out,
but I'm leaving these up to Stefan D. for now

gdi32:metafile
* Dmitry's previous patch brought the number of test failures down
from ~10 to 1, so I'm hoping he can get this last one next

kernel32:toolhelp
* see the discussion at,
http://winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2008-April/065040.html

mshtml:htmldoc
* I sent in a patch for a few failures in win2k3, have to ask Jacek C.
about the other two:
http://winehq.org/pipermail/wine-patches/2008-May/055087.html

oleaut32:olefont
* I've been in private discussion with Walt Ogburn about these tests.
He swears they passed when he wrote them, and he doesn't know why they
don't pass now.  If he or someone else can't find a fix, I think the
test should be removed because we're conforming to a behavior that
doesn't match any windows version.

> and a bunch more fail on most of those versions of Windows. See
> http://kegel.com/wine/failing-1.0-rc2.html for the full data.
>
> Most Common Failures on XP
>
> As of 1.0-rc2, the following tests fail on all machines running XP:
>
> comctl32:listview ddraw:d3d gdi32:metafile kernel32:actctx
> kernel32:toolhelp mshtml:htmldoc msvcrt:cpp oleaut32:olefont
> urlmon:url user32:input user32:listbox user32:msg

kernel32:actctx
* fixed by a patch I'm sending in Sunday night

user32:input
* had a private discussion with Vitaliy.  He said he wrote the tests
to pass in win2k, doesn't care that they don't pass for other
platforms

--
James Hawkins