[Wine] dns9

Susan Cragin susancragin at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 10 08:56:08 CDT 2008

Hello, Alvin.
This is as good a way to ask for help as any. Just to let you know, I am doing this response by dictating into Dragon NaturallySpeaking preferred 9.0 in Ubuntu Studio Hardy Heron.
I haven't heard of your problem, which seems like a problem with your copy command. Many of the files on the Dragon disks are quite large and perhaps your copy command isn't handling them properly.
All I can suggest is that you install from the discs themselves.
In that case, the instructions will be a bit different, because you will have to change discs in midstream and this involves opening up a new terminal window and typing wine eject, inserting disc number two, closing the door, closing the new terminal window, etc. So here goes.

0. sudo rm -rf .wine
0. wineserver -k
1. sh winetricks fakeie6 gdiplus
2. Run DNS install from disk location, e.g.
wine /media/cdrom/setup.exe
3. when the installer prompts for the 2nd disc, go
to another window and run "wine eject", then insert disc, wait for it to mount, and click 'retry'.

At very end, you'll need to hit ^C.

Hope this helps.
Susan Cragin