[Wine] Wine

Alan McKinnon alan.mckinnon at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 16:40:06 CDT 2008

On Thursday 20 March 2008, Dan Kegel wrote:
> Before we sever the connection, let's look hard for ways to
> reduce the source of annoying questions by making Wine more
> foolproof, if possible...

Good luck with that Dan :-) Considering what Wine is up against to even
run at all, I'm actually ecstatic with how it works currently.

Here's an idea though, to be implemented on the forum:

Every time a user logs in, they get a Tip Of The Day at the top of the
front page, giving short one sentence faq-style tips, much like KDE
does by default, just on a web page.

Newbies love these things, they pick up wonderful tips. After a while
they often switch the feature off as it has served it's purpose.
Chances are good that by the time they get to ask a question, they will
already have read the nice friendly TOTD that answers it.

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com