[Wine] Re: Alexandre says "let the newbies run as root"

Timeout wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Mar 21 10:20:52 CDT 2008

I think it's a bad idea.
There is not much harm until you see what the .NET is doing once installed.

The .NET is poking it's nose in pretty much the whole Linux file system and it would not be to hard to make a .NET virus searching for Linux data files changing them as it wants.

On the other side, I am against every restriction which you can't turn off (like in Winecfg) if you wish it to, I am already suffering too much under them.